Monday, August 17, 2009

U2 concert

a week ago I was blessed to be able to go to the U2 concert in Zagreb. unfortunately Odi couldn't come at this stage of her pregnancy, but, if the rumors are true and U2 comes to do another leg of their tour here in Europe next year, then we're going!!!!!
anyways, it was an AMAZING night, that I won't forget. what really struck me though, beyond the thumbing of the music since I was only 4 meters from the stage, was that U2 were using their concert to get a message across, and it came across so clearly when, before "moment of surrender" Bono asked everyone to take out their phones and light up the stadium. he said that in this universe, we might be small but we can "be a light in the darkness". our lives can make a difference if we choose to let them. I know that now, more than ever, I want my life to make a difference in my little "world" and I want my light to shine more & more!


let your light shine brightly



truly amazing.

a wider view of the "inner circle" taken by Kornél. (unfortunately for Kornél & Laci they didn't get tickets in time and had seats)

down in the "inner circle" with Arpi & Andi Horvat-Kavai, Lisa Collins, Madarász István, and Balogh Robi. about 3 hours before the concert.

1 comment:

  1. One of my long standing dreams was to attend a U2 concert live. . I know all the words of their songs by heart …well they are performing this year. Next weekend I’m going to visit my sister and we will attend them; I've got U2 tix from Ticketsinventory.com, so I'll be analyzing as well as enjoying the concert.
    /

    ReplyDelete